Monday, December 6, 2010
Turning a corner ... only it's a wrong one
Well, last week I thought I was turning a corner ... I did, but it was a wrong turn. On Wednesday my termperature hit 100.5 ... a dangerous temperature for a chemo patient. After calling my oncologist he said I was to go immediately to the emergency room in Cloquet. I did not have time to drive down to the cities. When all the results came back, my complete bloodcount which an average is 10, mine was 1. I had no bloodcells to fight infections. I was put in isolation where everyone who came in (including Tom) had to wear gloves, mask and gown. I have never been so sick in my life. I was diagnosed with an Urinary Tract Infection. I was so ill, I could not keep my food down, so I was throwing up and I hurt everywhere in my body. I evenually got morphine for the pain. I stayed in the hospital from Wednesday to Sunday. At that point I only wanted to come home because I wanted to come home, not because I felt better. I haven't eaten anything for 10 days, except popsicles. I did, however, today eat some yogurt. Not some, but the whole cup. It took me 2 sittings, but I did it. I'm so scared because next Monday I'm suppose to have my second chemo treatment. I honestly don't know if my body can handle it. I'd sure like to feel a little better first before I start all over again. Have a call in to the dr. right now. We'll see what he says. Please keep those prayers coming ... I sure could use them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment