Friday, June 17, 2011

A New Journey - Radiation

These past 2 weeks havc been horrible.  The shots to boost my white blood count knocked my socks off.  I have hardly been eating because of the weird tastes.  For example, Tom's Coca Cola tasted like orange and raisens tasted like pickles.  Today is the first day things have tasted "True".  Yesterday I had a heart scan (MUGGA) done and a consultation with the radiologist.  Next Thursday I will go and they will make a cast mold of me laying with my arm over my head.  That way everytime I have radiation I will be laying in the EXACT position.  They also will tatoo the area they are going to radiate.  I will have to go every day (minus weekends) for 33 days.  I can expect a pretty good sunburn by the end of the treatments.  But, they have lotions I can use to ease the pain.  All our arrangements are made with Hope Lodge and we will be moving in there on June 27th.  My hair hasn't started to come back yet, but I suspect that will take a while.  And what I can see of it, it is white!!!!  Yikes ....  Thank you for continued prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment