Thursday, March 1, 2012
The Light at the End of the Tunnel is Here!
On Tuesday, March 6, 2012, I will be getting my last treatment. The chemo has been over for months and I have been feeling great. I have been receiving a target drug (targets cells and "coats" them) called Herceptin. You have to have it for a full year and it was given with the chemo, but I had to continue it until March to hit my full year. It doesn't have any side effects and I have been feeling really good while taking this. I also have a "cancer" pill I will be taking for 5 years. Once a day. I'm working on getting my hair back. It is quite thick in the back, but sure taking it's time on the crown of my head. So, I'm still "wigging" it. Am tired of wearing the wig though too. On December 13, 2011, my oncologist declared me a "cancer survivor". That sure was a good feeling. While going through this, it seemed like such a long haul. If not for all of your support and the strength of my God, I would never have been able to do it. Seriously. My strength isn't back 100%, but the dr. said I was sick for a year and a half and that it would take at least that long to feel 100% again. I guess that makes sense. I have neuropathy (tingling in my hands and feet) from the chemo and I am going to see an accupuncturer in the middle of March. They have a good success rate with chemo-induced neuropathy. We'll see. I'm just so happy that I can write this heartfelt thank you to all of you. Don't ever underestimate the power of prayer. God listens. This Journey has made me so much more aware of the really important things in life. It's true when they say "don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff." I continue to keep you in my prayers. You are precious gems to me. God Bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment