God wants us to be happy ... He wants joy in our life and I have made a concious decision to find joy and happiness in every day. Whether it is a bright blue, cloudless sky, or a one-of-a kind snowflake or maybe a day when I feel better than the day before. There is so much to be thankful for and find joy in. Today my joy was in spending time with my bestest brother and sweetest sister-in-law and loving husband. Diane brought a whole yummy lunch with dessert (spaghetti, bread and apple pie) and then we played some cards. How much loved ones mean to us.
I had my treatment last Tuesday (2/1) and it went very well. Another joy ... my white blood count which had been at 300 the week before soared to 8,000, right in the middle of the normal range. I can be sure that I will be feeling fatigued around Sunday, Monday and some of the week, but maybe not as bad as last time. Tom is monitoring my temperature very closely, but I don't think I'll be in panic mode if I get a little temp this time, now I know what is happening. I feel I'm tolerating this round of chemo quite well and I only have 2 more rounds of this kind and then I go to a milder chemo treatment. Albeit ... it's 12 weeks, but not so potent. Then I will be done with the chemo part!!!!!
Here's wishing all my friends and family out there something to find joy in today and thank you all for your continued support. LOVE YOU!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment