Monday, January 31, 2011

Just some thoughts ...

One in Eight 
As I gaze out the window at the world I know,
I recall the date that it changed so.
The date is emblazed and is one that I hate,
It’s the date I became the 1 in 8.

The words that I did not want to hear,
The words that I had come to fear.
The words that sealed my very fate,
The words that I was 1 in 8.

With strong support of family and friends
I started the road to the other end.
I had to start - I could not wait
I wanted to survive the 1 in 8.

My body marred with surgical scars
My hair falling out like exploding stars
So tired, so tired, so very sedate
Is how I was as a 1 in 8.

I look to my God so way up high
I look for a promise in the sky
A rainbow He shows me as my fate
I have HOPE I will survive the 1 in 8.
 
By ~ Linda Sullivan
1 in 8
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment