Saturday, January 8, 2011
Never Underestimate the Power of Prayer!!!!
Yesterday, January 7, I went to the oncologist and kidney doctor. I got the best news. Kidneys are back and functioning normal!!! No more renil diet!!! Everything looks good except for some low potassium and I will be taking some potassium pills for a while. They are weaning me off the prednisone and going to watch my kidney function for a month. My oncologist ordered me to take another MUGA scan (look at the heart) and if that is all okay, I will begin chemo on January 18. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared stiff to start chemo again, but I trust my dr. and he will not do anything that will harm me and they will be watching me very closely. For one thing, they will not let my platelets drop to a one ... the day after chemo I will go in and get a "booster" shot for the platelets so they will not drop like they did before. I don't know the exact schedule of the chemo because he hasn't exactly mapped it out. Please, please keep the prayers coming. I pray for an uneventful round of chemo and then I can work on getting better and getting past this. I am so thankful to God for bringing me through this last ordeal and I trust He will bring me through everything else that plops in my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Linda! That is such wonderful news! I know that with everyone praying for you, you will come through this with flying colors!!!
ReplyDeleteIs there anything I can do? Do you have chemo in the cities? I could sit with you if you'd like...just remember, dearfriend, if I can help, I will!
Blessings to you and your family!