Sunday, January 2, 2011
Road to Recovery
Well, it's a week since I've been home and today I feel really really good!! My legs are coming back (I've been a bit wobbly because of 21 days in the hospital) but I feel stronger every day. When I went to the dr. last week, my creatin level was 2.1 and I'm hoping when I go on Friday,January 7th, they will be back to normal which is below one. I'm doing what they want me to do, eating low sodium diet, drinking 60 oz. of water per day, etc. I want to get better so that we can get on with the business of taking care of the chemo. I see the oncologist on Friday also and I'm not sure what he's going to say or do. I suppose he'll set up a schedule for the chemo. I have now lost all my hair and brrrrrrrrr .... below zero weather sure is chilly with a hairless head. I have also found that being bald is very humbling. I never really thought about my hair that much before, but boy I think about it now that it's gone. I wear little caps all the time because when I look in the mirror and I'm feeling good ... and then see my bald head, I look sick .... too much contrast. This has been a rollercoaster ride that really put a speed bump in the road, but with all the love and support that has surrounded me (my God and my family and friends) ... the road to recovery was bound to come. Happy 2011 to all of you ... keep the prayers coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi kiddo! I'm so glad that you are home. all things seem so much better there! Now, as to that hair thing...my dear, you are beautiful with or without! I remember one time, Jane St. Germain asked me to color her hair...big mistake! It turned blue and then when we tried to remove the color, it turned green! I don't think she spoke to me for days!
ReplyDeletePlease know that I'm thinking of you. You are one super strong woman and I'm one of your biggest fans!!!
Sending you tons of New Year good wishes and prayers!
Love ya,
Carol