Monday, October 18, 2010

Act Three - Recovering from Surgery

I have been in the best of hands with my sister-in-law, Diane.  We have been doing everything on the "list".  Exercises, walking, draining the tube, changing the dressings ... she is faithful in doing this and making sure I'm doing my part too.  I feel stronger every day.  I had a bit of a "set-back" today when I called the surgeon to reschedule an appt.  3 of the 6 lymph nodes showed cancer.  There may be more lymph nodes taken out and chemo is a "for-sure".  I can't allow myself to get down because with the size of the tumor, that was very likely.  We'll just take one step at a time.  I appreciate all your support and ask that you continually keep me in your prayers.  It is one thing that makes all of this easier.  I know God will give me the strength to face whatever lies ahead ... He's not going to leave my side now .... we've just begun the fight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment