Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Home again!

Just got out of the hospital this afternoon.  I'm feeling a little weaker than last time, but Dr. Morris said that was to be expected.  They cut open exactly where they cut before, so it's like bruising a bruise.  Other than a little weakness, I feel great.  I have a good appetite and some mighty good pain drugs.  lol.  The surgery went well.  They took out lymph nodes and took out some more skin in the breast area, and Dr. Morris said it looked good.  We, of course, have to wait for the pathology report.  God was with me the whole time and I have never felt so at peace.  How do people do this without their faith?  Remember when I told you about the rainbow when Tom and I drove home to Cloquet?  Well, God is promising again.  When I laid down in my hospital bed, I found a channel that just had music and beautiful nature scenes.  Guess what the first scene was?  A beautiful rainbow!!!!  All I could say was "Thank you God" for your promise.  I know I'll be fine with all these promises and support from everyone!  I must sound like a broken record, but I appreciate your prayers and support more than you'll ever know.  Please keep them coming!  We'll be staying at Erin's house until Wednesday when I get the drains out.  Lori will be helping every a.m. with the dressing and Tom and I will be cleaning the drains 2 times a day.  Just think .... I have passed another hurdle !!  Yippee!!  Tom and I have our anniversary coming up on Friday.  We'll be married 33 years!!  I think a dinner from Applebee's "Carside" is in order!  I can taste the steak already!  Love to all of you ... every night you are in MY prayers, I thank God for you!

2 comments:

  1. Of course God would send you rainbows! You are one of his very special people!!! I am so glad that you just sailed through this procedure, too. See...I always said you were such a strong woman! Now, remember...I can help, too! Need company, need to gab, need to talk over a book you such read or just want to hear the voice of an old friend...JUST CALL!!! Love you girlfriend! And...give the incredible husband a big hug from me! If I had a medal, I'd send it to him!!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween!!! How are you doing? I see that you are back playing Farmville!!! Now that's a great sign that you are on the road to recovery!!!

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    Sending lots of love!!

    C

    ReplyDelete