Had my chemo yesterday and my doctor has decided that he would count the first chemo I had in November and that yesterday's chemo would be the last of my "hard" ones. I am so relieved. Also, as a precaution, because I can't get past the Tuesday "down" day, he is having me come in next Tuesday and they will do blood tests and if I need fluids or anything else, they will do it there and possibly avoid another hospital stay. Then, March 1st I start my last round of chemo which will be 12 weeks, one time per week. They said it is a lighter chemo and hopefully I will be able to tolerate that well. You know, I think I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.
You know, it's funny how your mind works. How it can go through your brain and pick up random things that you haven't thought about in 20-30 years! What I'm getting at is that the other night I woke up out of a dead sleep and had the words to a verse in the Helen Reddy "I Am Woman" song. And it fit my current situation so perfectly. The words were "You can bend, but never break me, cuz it only serves to make, more determined to achieve my final goal. And I'll come back even stronger, not a novice any longer, Cuz you've deepened the conviction in my soul." That is exactly how I feel, I have been bent, but I'm not broken and I am more than determined to get through this and I WILL come back strong ... that conviction is in the bottom of my soul. But isn't that strange that that particular verse would wake me from a sound sleep? Hmmmm. Well, thank you for listening to me ramble .... I thank God for each and every one of you supporters ... You've been with me from the beginning of this journey ... you're the best.
If anyone had the courage and could bend and not break, my dear friend, it is you!
ReplyDeleteI think I'll start calling you Linda Gumby! lol
You are in my prayers as you continue on your journey!
Love you, Linda!
Hi Linda,
ReplyDeleteI am re-reading a book titled "Strong and Fearless." Several times while reading it, I have thought of you. It is written by Dr. Phil Nuerenberger, published by Yes Publishing in St. Paul. I think you can pick up a copy for like $5.00 on Amazon. I would recommend you check it out. Also, check out "Wellness Tree" by Justin O'Brien. (same publisher)
Your story and continued strength is an inspiration. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up the good fight.
Love,
John