Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Journey just keeps getting longer ... with more and more twists and turns.

You know a journey is never a straight road from Point A to Point B, but enough of the "scenic route".  I want to get there as quickly as possible now.  After the last chemo, I had an appointment to see the dr. to "prevent"  having to go into the hospital again.  Well, that didn't work, although my hospital stay this time didn't have anything to do with the chemo.  How ironic is that?  Tom and I went to my brother's house to stay for a couple of days because Tom thought I was getting sort of down.  Well, I was down all right.  I couldn't walk from the bathroom to the bedroom without having to sit on the bed and huff and puff for 3 minutes.  Anyway, my very astute and watchful sister-in-law, Diane, saw this wasn't right and she called the dr. and INSISTED (and I do mean insisted) that I get 10 minutes of the dr.'s time.  Well, the dr. said of course come in and within 1/2 hour of seeing him, I had an EKG, an ECHO, an ultrasound of my leg and after figuring out what it was, I was in surgery having a filter put in my main artery (in the stomach via the neck) to catch clots.  They found a PE in my lung (which will dissolve now that I am on blood thinners) and a BIG clot in my right leg.  I was put in ICU.   My leg was a little sore, but it felt like a charlie horse that needed to be straightened out.  My hemoglobin also was low again, so I got another blood transfusion.   I'm in the hospital now and should be out tomorrow.  I will be giving myself bloodthinning shots in the stomach twice a day from now until my chemo is done. Actually I gave myself my first one today and it isn't bad at all.   I will be starting the new chemo on March 11th, so please everyone continued prayers.  God has been with me all along and I have to tell you that even though this was very serious, I had such a sense of peace and calm because I KNEW God was carrying me every step of the way.  As I said in the very first blog of my journey .... God must have something very special planned for me because he is bringing me through many many trials and situations for a reason.   Shhhhh ... I'm listening to Him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment