Friday, March 18, 2011
2 nd chemo in progress ..... 10 to go!
You know I was going to blog during the past week to tell everyone that things were going well. I was worried I would "jinx" it. But I am getting my second dose and I'm here to tell you last week was really pretty good. I had a couple of days where I was kind of achy and my fingertips and tongue were (and still are) tingly, but that's the extent of it. I am praying that this week mirrors last weeks' chemo and all I'll get is those couple of side effects. It feels good to feel somewhat normal. I know it will take a while for me to gain all my strength back. When I'm tired, I nap and if I feel like sleeping until 10 in the a.m., I do. I'm just letting my body dictate to me what it wants to do. I say "Thank You, God" for every day that I get closer to when I can say "LAST CHEMO" day!!! Right after I finish with the chemo I will start radiation. Today I had my doctor send a referral to Hope Lodge. Hope Lodge is where cancer patients can go during treatment and stay for free. Being I live more than 40 miles from treatment, am in the middle of treatment and treatment is daily for 6 1/2 weeks, I qualify to live at the Hope Lodge for those 6 1/2 weeks. It is like a hotel room. There are 6 kitchens you can cook meals in, a dining room, a library, fitness center, media room, etc. that can be used by everyone. We have to bring our own t.v. for the room but bedding and towels are supplied. It will be nice to be able to stay down in the cities for the treatment. Things are falling into place and I see God's hand on every single thing. Pray I'll have another uneventful week (thank you for that) and I'll blog more next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment