Saturday, March 12, 2011

One Chemo down .... Eleven to go

One chemo down with eleven to go.  These chemos will be weekly.  I have to admit I was rather nervous to have it yesterday.  I feel really good today, so am hoping for an uneventful chemo for a change.  This is a chemo called Taxol and doesn't attack the white blood cells as much as the other chemo did.  That was where I'd get my socks knocked off ... the white count.  I could get achy in the next couple of days, but I can take Tylenol if that happens.  I get to go on coumedin instead of the shots too for thining the blood for the blood clot.  I'm happy about that.  No more shots in the stomach once my blood starts clotting between 2 and 3.  My poor stomach is just green with bruising and I don't know where to give the shot anymore!  Hopefully, I will be off the shots by the end of the week.  Just wanted to keep you posted on what was going on.  Keep me in your prayers .... please.

No comments:

Post a Comment