Friday, April 22, 2011

Seven Down ...... Five to Go!

I'm down to one hand of counting!!!!!  This week seemed like a week of total weakness ... you could say a weak week.  It seemed like the only thing I wanted to do was sleep.  Eating has turned into a dirty word, but I know I have to eat even if food has a terrible taste and/or different than it should.  I eat a lot of noodles.  "Noonies and Mato Mato", what my kids called noodles and tomato soup.  Tom is also getting good at making Macaroni and Cheese ... nope, no nickname for that although I suppose I could call it noonies and cheesie weezie, but that sounds dumb.  I'm going to really deviate this week and have Buttered Noodles!! 

My numbers were up this week so chemo was a go.  I just want to get this done.  I will be so happy to have it behind me.  Just the fact that I can count on one hand how many I have left is wonderful.  I will probably hit my low on Monday-Tuesday, which are days I come to dread.  I can literally sleep around the clock, but I'm just going to go with the flow and do what my body dictates.  There is stuff that needs to be done around the house (men aren't the best of housekeepers).  Tom does stuff that really shows, but cleaning the bathrooms don't seem to be on his agenda or dusting the furniture.  LOL    Bless him though .... he dotes on me and that's all that counts.  One good cleaning will take care of the other stuff, but I can't replace how well he takes care of me.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  It makes me feel all the support I have from you, all those well wishes and prayers and God as my pilot, there is nothing I can't accomplish ... and right now getting through this chemo will be a great accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment