Saturday, April 30, 2011

Eight down .... Four to Go ... (It almost didn't happen)

On Friday, April 29th my dear friend Nancy accompanied me to chemo.  We were excited to do a lot of catching up and connecting again.  What a good day it was to be!!  Then the nurse did my vitals and my blood pressure was very high, so she did my blood pressure standing up ... down a little ... then took it again sitting down and it went down a bunch, so I thought I was in the clear.  She took my temp and it was 100.  She says I was probably dehydrated and may need to be admitted to the hospital.  At first I thought she was joking, but she wasn't.  She went and found my dr. and he reviewed all my blood work and "numbers" and came in to my chemo room.  When he came in he said he didn't need to duck (because he thought I hit him ...lol) because he WASN'T going to admit me, but give me fluids in the chemo room before my chemo treatment after I had an EKG.  So, we were relieved of that.  My blood work looked good and I then started the long process.  I have to start drinking a lot more and they said to quit worrying about the not eating, that would come back, but concentrate on fluids for sure.  I'm going to try and build myself up a little bit and I'm going to start a yoga tape on Monday ... I'm hoping I can do things to build me up and hopefully at the same time try to avoid hitting rock bottom after every treatment.  Last week was bad again, but all I do is sleep.  I have to start moving around or something.  I'm so happy that we are nearing the end and my hair can start growing back, my eyelashes start growing back and my eyebrows start growing back, but the leg and arm hair can take their time ... lol.  Well, anyway, Nancy and I did have a wonderful visit and the rest of the treatment went like clockwork.  Thank you to my friend for sharing the day with me and making the time pass so quickly.  It's support like this that gets me through ... you get me through ... because there are days I could easily throw in the towel and I know I can't because of all of you supporters out there ... thank you again and again and again for thoughts and prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment