Sunday, November 21, 2010
Hair Today ... Gone Tommorrow (or the next couple of weeks)
Yesterday my daughters and my granddaughter Bre went to It's Still Me in St. Louis Park and had a great time. It's Still Me is a wig shop where Jan, the owner, is a breast cancer survivor herself and she provides one on one appointments with women who are looking for a wig during their chemo. We had so much fun! The girls all had their cameras (and took some shots that they can later use for blackmail) and I tried on a lot of wigs, along with scarves and caps. The second one I tried on was the one I eventually got. I am so happy because Jan matched my hair and style so close to my own. She has given me confidence to face this next hurdle with little trepidation. We laughed as she put me in short curly wigs, and LONG haired wigs. Neither style was for me, but gave us some really good laughs. Then we tried on scarves and hats. The hats were a hoot, and I'll probably have to give in and get one with our Minnesota winters upon us. The girls surprised me by buying me scarves, hats, brush, shampoo and all the other necessities I needed so that all I had to purchase was my wigs. That was a surprise to me and very emotional. They are the best and without their love and support, I wouldn't know what to do. With the wig shopping done we all went to Red Robin Restaurant for a wonderful lunch. Tomorrow, I have my first chemotherapy sessions. I am ready to now to take this journey to the "getting better" stage! Please keep me in your prayers tomorrow. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment