Friday, November 12, 2010

The Wave .... of emotions

I've been doing so well.  Upbeat, good attitude, good outlook, all of that stuff.  Well, this morning while in the shower getting ready to go to the hospital to have my port put in, a wave of emotion overtook me.  It came out of the blue ... tears .... where it came from and why, I'm not sure.  I think you just need to let it come, cry and be done with it.  After the first wave came, we went to Regions and I had my port put in.  It wasn't painful to have done, but it is not really comfortable now.  I'm sure I'll get used to it after the soreness wears off and it's not so tender.  The process went very smoothly.  I'm glad to have the port in because now I don't need to be a pin cushion anymore.  When they need to take blood from now on, they'll use the port!  Yipee!
After the procedure, we drove home to Cloquet.  Then the second wave hit .... tears again.  Granted, the incisions hurt a little, but not that much.  I guess this rollercoaster will be for a while.  I can do this though, it's not forever.  We do have a fun week planned ahead.  I'm ready to do something FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment