Monday, November 22, 2010
One Chemo down ... Five to go!!
Yesterday I had to start taking steroids for three days. I didn't think much of it. Went to bed early so that I could have a good night's sleep for my first chemo session. I was anxious and I will have to admit, I was down right scared. Scared of the unknown. Well, at 1:30 a.m., I was still wide awake and had a roaring headache and some nausea. Nausea!!!! Was I going to throw up BEFORE treatment? I got up and took some Tylenol. Back to bed ... 2:30 .... noonie noo ... still awake! I got up and went and laid down on the couch. Well, somewhere around 4:00 a.m., I feel asleep only to have to wake up at six. We needed to leave early because of the slippery road. Two hours sleep and I was tired!!! Got to the hospital at 8:00. After the blood drawn and the doctor going over the results, we were finally in our room at 10:00 to begin the treatment. They all went very well and I tolerated them very well also. I have a lot of nausea medicine to take should I feel sick. If they don't seem to be working, I'm to call and they will try another kind. They said there is no reason I should feel sick with all the medications that are available. Well, anyway, I told the Dr. about my no night of sleep. Then he told me that a side affect of this steroid is insomnia and anxiety!!! Also, I will probably have insomnia tonight and tomorrow too. We are heading home tomorrow to stay ahead of the weather. Keep those prayers coming because they are certainly working. I will journal that next few days to see how I feel because these next few days will be exactly what happens after every treatment. Then I will know what to expect and maybe I can counteract something before it begins. I let you know how these next few days go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment